Discover American Friends of Uppsala University
American Friends of Uppsala University is a non-profit corporation that supports research and education at Uppsala University, Sweden. Our aim is to contribute to helping Uppsala University maintain its standards of excellence, established over the centuries since its foundation in 1477. We believe that you can help us achieve our common future. Contributions to American Friends of Uppsala University are deductible by donors as provided by law.
American Friends of Uppsala University is tax/exempt as a charitable organization by the Internal Revenue Service under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
American Friends of Uppsala University is an affiliate organization of The Swedish Council of America.
To raise funds domestically in order to make grants to Uppsala University and other similar educational and charitable organizations in Sweden. The Organization is also committed to the creation and promotion of programs and opportunities to make individuals aware of the Swedish painter Anders Zorn, as well as his lifetime and posthumous charitable endeavors.
American Friends of Uppsala University is a proud affiliate of
- The Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce in New York
- The Swedish Council of America
- The Uppsala University Foundations Management of Estates and Funds
- The Zorn Museum
The Board of Directors of the Corporation American Friends of Uppsala University:
- Johan Tysk, President of AFUU, Vice-rector Uppsala University, Professor of Mathematics
- Robert Stein, Vice President of AFUU, Former Executive Director and Chief Operating Officer of the American Bar Association, Everett Fraser Professor of Law, University of Minnesota
- Madeleine Moback-Neil, Secretary of AFUU, Project manager, Development Office, Uppsala University
- Andrea von Polgar Jacobson, Treasurer of AFUU, Legal Counsel, Uppsala University Foundations Management of Estates and Funds
- Marianne Andersson, Senior Legal Advisor, former Academy Ombudsman, Uppsala University
- Dag Blanck, Professor of North American Studies and director of the Swedish Institute for North American Studies, Uppsala University
- Petra Hilleberg, CEO Hilleberg the Tentmaker, Honorary Consul General of Sweden for Oregon and Washington
- Lars E. Johansson, Partner, Burk Johansson LLP
- Bruce Karstadt, President and CEO of American Swedish Institute, Honorary Consul General of Sweden For Minnesota
- Stefan Nilsson, Former Executive Vice President, Svenska Handelsbanken AB
- Lyndon L. Olson, Jr., Former U.S. Ambassador to Sweden
- Bo Sundqvist, President emeritus of Uppsala University, President emeritus of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, Professor of Ion Physics, Uppsala University
Akademiförvaltningen, since 1624
Donations made to American Friends of Uppsala University are managed by The Uppsala University Foundations Management of Estates and Funds, Akademiförvaltningen, which traces its origins back to 1624.
Akademiförvaltningen, The Uppsala University Foundations Management of Estates and Funds, administers and manages 600 foundations directly linked to Uppsala University. The original foundation was King Gustavus Adolphus’s donation of land endowed to the university in the 1620s. The aim of Akademiförvaltningen is to consolidate and safeguard the long-term growth.